There are various deadlines and responsibilities for taxpayers to be aware of.
The most common reasons that a tax return may be required are as follows:
- You are self-employed or a partner in a partnership
- You are a company director
- You have large amounts of savings or investment income
- You have untaxed savings or investment income
- You own land or property that is being rented out
- You have income from overseas
- You have sold or given an asset away (such as a vacation home or some shares)
- You've lived or worked abroad or aren't domiciled in Canada
The staff at Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) are not tasked to advise you on how to organize your affairs and minimize your tax. Therefore, if you want to make sure you are paying the right amount of tax, you should consult a professional.
At TaxAssist Accountants we use CRA-approved software to:
- Complete your tax return
- Calculate your tax liability
- File the return online
- Liaise with you on the amounts to be paid and when they are due
In addition, we can analyze your tax return to see if any tax savings can be made and we can also review the form to see if there are any anomalies that need to be addressed before the return is submitted. This process helps to minimize your risk of a CRA enquiry into your tax affairs. If you are experiencing cashflow problems, we can explore the possibilities of deferring your tax payments or negotiating a payment plan with CRA on your behalf.
By giving you a fixed, competitive price, we can take the worry away when it comes to tax returns; allowing you to concentrate on running your business.
Join us in three easy steps
Get in touch
Arrange a free consultation in person or via video with your local accountant. It’s an informal chat to get to know you and find out more about the help you are looking for.
Chat to an expert
We clearly explain the support available to you and are happy to act as business advisors in order to help you grow your business.
Get a fixed quote
Our fees are fixed and tailored specifically to each individual's needs, so that you only pay for the level of support and services that you require.